If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Do you love creating jewelry and would like to sell it online? This is a wonderful business idea that will allow you to make money doing what you love!
So in order to make your dream a reality, take our tips for selling jewelry online:
- The best way to sell your own jewelry online is by having your own online store. That can be intimidating to people who have never created a website before or don’t have a computer science background, but luckily it doesn’t have to be that way anymore. If you run your online store through Big Commerce, they do all the hard stuff for you and you can use a templates designed specifically for jewelry stores. Then you can just put in your own information and get going.
- Make sure your online store is fast. Websites with loading speeds of 1-2 seconds have conversation rates 2-3 times higher than slower websites (we go into more detail about website speed here). Big Commerce’s CDN makes their online stores fast and helps big pictures load faster.
- Make sure your website is mobile friendly. By 2021, mobile ecommerce are expected to account for over half of total ecommerce sales. Luckily, all BigCommerce customers can have Google AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) enabled so your jewelry store would load fast on a mobile device.
- Sell your jewelry on Etsy. Etsy is a wonderful place people go for unique jewelry. You could set up your own Etsy account, but it would be a lot easier for you if you use the BigCommerce Etsy Integration which will easily list your products on the Etsy Marketplace.
- Have a great product page for each piece of jewelry. On your store, you’ll have a product page for each product you sell, and it is important that each product page is great to help you sell your products. We give you tips on how to create a great product page here.
- Go into detail about each piece of jewelry (like size, band, stone, color, etc.) to help customers really get a sense for each piece of jewelry before they buy it.
- Use categories on your store (such as bracelets, necklaces, etc.) to make it easier for customers to find what they want.
- Make it easier for customers to fill out their shipping & billing addresses by using Google Autocomplete (which you can do in BigCommerce).
- Take videos of your jewelry too, because, that can sometimes give people an ever better idea of how great your jewelry is. The better the resolution the video is, the better, so I go over some affordable camera options here and a great deal of video editing software here.
- Put reviews of your jewelry on your website. The good reviews will show customers why your jewelry is great and even a bad review will show customers that all your good reviews aren’t fake. You can do that easily through Big Commerce.
- Use Facebook to promote & sell your product. You can start a business page on Facebook to promote your products as to way to spread the word; I go over how to get more shares on Faceebok here. You can also sell your products on Facebook through Big Commerce. This works well, especially if you run Facebook ads so that anyone who sees jewelry and likes it can quickly buy your jewelry before they change their minds.
- Use Instagram to promote & sell your product. Instagram is another great way to sell your Jewelry. The whole platform of Instagram (sharing pictures and videos) is a perfect way for you to show off your jewelry. If you build up a good list of followers on Instagram, you’ll be able to quickly tell them about any new jewelry you have; I go over how to get more followers on Instagram here. You can also sell your jewelry through Instagram through Big Commerce. Like Facebook, this is a great way to get a quick sale.
- Advertise your jewelry through Pinterest. Pinterest is my personal favorite social media tool for advertising; we go into detail about Pinterest marketing here.
- Advertise your jewelry through Twitter. Twitter is a great free way to get exposure to your products. If you’re worried about how much time it takes, you can get a Twitter scheduler like SmarterQueue so you can schedule lots of tweets in advance. They even set up a posting plan that lets you know when you should be posting so you can reach people at the right time.
- Advertise your jewelry through a YouTube Channel. This is another way to get brand new people to see your products for free.
- Use email marketing to get repeat customers. This is a great way to let satisfied customers know every time you have new product offerings. A great tool for this is Constant Contact.
- Advertise through Google Ads to get you products higher in Google. If you’ve never run Google Ads before, you can use a Google Ad Management Service to help you get started.
- Advertise through Bing Ads to get your products higher in Bing.
- Use good SEO tactics so your online store will show up higher in search engines. Does this make sense to you? It’s okay if it doesn’t, because why would it if you’ve never done this before? But luckily you can use this rankingCoach to help you get started in the field of search engine optimization.
- Offer special offers to help motivate people to buy right away. Consider using an ongoing promotion, too, because then when people are searching for a deal on jewelry in Google, your store can come up.
- Have a Wishlist Option customers can make lists of jewelry they like and send them to loved ones for a birthday, anniversary, Christmas, etc. BigCommerce has this option.
- Have a Related Item option so that customers can see similar jewelry they can buy. You can set this up easily with Big Commerce.
- Have a FAQ section on your website to address common questions so customers can quickly have their questions answered so that they can then go buy the jewelry.
- Have a Chat Option for customers such as ActiveChat so that any other question customers have can be quickly answered.
- Have a shipping calculator so that customers can quickly know just how much the jewelry will cost. BigCommerce has this option.