If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
When you’re selling products online, it is important to have a great product page. Here are 6 tips for what you want to include:
1. Ratings & Reviews: A recent study found that 91% of consumers ages 18-34 years old trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations. Therefore, it is important that you include ratings and reviews on your product page. If you have a WordPress site that uses WooCommerce, here are some WooCommerce Review Plugins you can use. If you have a BigCommerce online store, then you can use BigCommerce’s built-in review system.
2. Photos & Videos: Since your online customers aren’t able to physically hold your product or view it in person, photos and videos are an extremely important way to showcase your product. In fact, consumers are 64-85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a video. If you would like to get started recording your products, here are some affordable cameras and here are some cheap video editing software deals.
3. Questions & Answers: Chat is becoming increasing popular as a way to communicate with online businesses – in fact, according to a recent report, chat is the preferred support channel for millennials. If you’re interested in adding a chat feature to your website, ActiveChat has both customer support and ecommerce solutions – and you don’t need any chatbot experience to use it. There are also a number of other live chat and chatbot services.
4. Customizations – Depending on what product you sell, it may come in a variety of different ways (for example, you might sell a shirt that comes in blue, green, yellow, purple, etc). You want to be able to show all of these options to your customers. LiquidWeb’s managed WooCommerce hosting allows you to display product variations.
5. Description – Make sure your product description not only gives customers an idea of what they will be getting, but also includes keywords that you will want Google to rank you high for. Unique descriptions for each product will also help with your Google rankings.
6. Similar Product Options – I’ve noticed on another website I run, customers will often start on a page for one product and end up buying another. I still get my sales, just with a different product, because of great “Similar Product” suggestions (such as “Customers also viewed”, “Customers also purchased,” “You may also like,” etc). And I’m not the only one who has benefited from this – product recommendations can actually increase sales by 10-30%. For WooCommerce users, Recommendation Engine is an excellent way to offer product suggestions to customers. Here are some instructions on how to add product recommendations if you are a Weebly customer, and here are instructions if you are a BigCommerce user.
Pin this for later – save it to Pinterest!