If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
If you are looking to start a website, whether it’s for your business, to make money, for your own personal use, etc., then you may consider using WordPress. WordPress is great and can be used for everything from complex business websites selling products to a personal lifestyle blog. There are a lot of reasons why WordPress would be a good choice for your website.
Here are 10 of them:
- It is open source: Since WordPress is open source, you can do whatever you want with the code (relatively speaking). You can make WordPress fit your business! And since WordPress is free for anyone to download, using WordPress can save you a lot of money rather than hiring a developer to make your website.
- You don’t have to know how to program: If that last point confused you, don’t worry. You don’t need any kind of computer programming or even much experience making websites in order to do WordPress.
- Multiple people can edit & contribute: One great thing about WordPress is multiple people can work on the website. I can go in and add something to the website, my co-worker can, etc.
- It’s the world’s leading CMS: The fact that so many people use WordPress is truly a testament to how great WordPress is. Per WP Engine (a great web host you can use for your WordPress website), 28% of all websites are built with WordPress.
- WordPress is used by popular, successful websites: 27% of the top 10k sites by traffic use WordPress (per WP Engine), so you know WordPress is a Website creation tool that is very appropriate if you want to have a very successful website – and I’m sure you do!
- WordPress is great for growing businesses: 62% of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the United States use WordPress, per Kinsta (another great web host to use for a WordPress website). Don’t you want your company to grow?
- Lots of people to help you: A good thing about the fact that WordPress is used by so many people is that it means there are a lot of people that can help you if you have any issues; in fact, per WP Engine, there are 100K+ WordPress developers than can help you build experiences (and WP Engine offers support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
- It’s fairly easy to use: Relatively speaking, when compared to other website creation tools, WordPress is easy to use, especially since you don’t have to have any kind of programming experience.
- It allows you to have full control of your website: If you run your website with WordPress and you work on it yourself, then gives you complete control of your website, which is really great if you are a business owner. You don’t want to have to constantly call a web developer every time something about your business changes and your website is out of date, or if there’s a new offer or promotion and you want to get the word out.
- It helps you rank high in google & other search engines: If you want to rank higher in google than your competitors (and why wouldn’t you?) then you can use the Yoast SEO plugin with your WordPress website, which is relatively easy to use, and that will help you rank higher.
So if you are sold on using WordPress, make sure you check out our step by step guide to getting started on WordPress.