If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Are you looking to start an online gaming store? Running an online game store is a great way to make money doing something you are passionate about. You can make it a side hustle or your own business.
So, how do you start an online gaming store? One way to do that is with Shopify.
Shopify is a great choice for anyone. Shopify is a great e-commerce platform that makes it really easy for anyone to start their own online store. It is really easy to use. You don’t even have to know any kind of coding or have any experience to start your first e-commerce store with Shopify. The tools are easy to use. So without having to get a computer science degree or hiring anyone, you could have an incredibly professional-looking gaming store with Shopify. And then Shopify even hosts your website so you can be up and running online.
Shopify also provides you with all the tools that you need to have a successful online store. This includes:
- Over 100 payment gateway options so you can easily accept online payments
- Ability to sell other places like your social media accounts (like TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook) and popular platforms like Ebay, Etsy, and Amazon
- Quick checkout process for your customers
- Great analytics and reports
- Marketing platform to help you great features like SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tools to help you rank higher in search engines
So if you want to easily create a professional-looking e-commerce store, you can see why Shopify is such a great choice! Click here to get started.
Get an LLC
Now that you know you want to start an online store with Shopify, you are going to need to protect yourself legally. A great way to do that is by starting an LLC. I have done that with all of my businesses. I go over the advantages of starting an LLC here.
Decide Your Focus
Now that you know you want to start a game store with Shopify, you need to decide your focus.
There are a lot of things you can sell on your Shopify gaming store. You can, of course, sell games. But you can also sell other things related to gaming. You could sell equipment you need to plays games, such as gaming computers, headsets, keyboards, monitors, mice, etc. You could also merchandise for collectors of popular video games. There are a lot of different ways you can go with your gaming store, and the exciting part is that it is up to you.
Another exciting thing about having an online store is that you don’t even have to ship out the products yourself. You could consider using a dropshipping model for your online store. How that works is that you purchase products from a third-party supplier. They then are the ones who ship the items directly to your customers. It can be profitable; we talk about that here. You can find out about good dropshipping suppliers here.
Get a Shopify Gaming Theme
Now, creating your own Shopify store is easy enough, but if you want to make it even easier, you should get a Shopify Gaming Theme. That way, your website will already be set up for a gaming store. This means less customization on your part. It could then be as easy for you as plugging in your information to get started.
Here are some Shopify themes designed for gaming stores like yours you could use:
- Game Store Shopify Theme – GameWorld
- Punibor Gaming Store Shopify Theme
- SGame – Responsive Accessories, Games Shopify Theme
- GameUniverse | Game Store Shopify Theme
- Ridex Game Store Shopify Theme
- Game Box Gaming & Accessories Store Shopify Theme
- Wekia- The Gaming Shopify Theme
- Game Space – Cool Video Games Store Shopify Theme
- Limupa – Digital, Electronics & Technology Shopify Theme
- Game Console – Bright Gaming Shopify Theme
- Apparelix Video Games Shopify Theme
- Virtux – One Product Store Shopify Theme