If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
Have you ever thought about creating a real estate website? There’s a large market for people wanting homes, condos, apartments, etc. so it can be quite profitable for you.
There are many ways you can make it profitable, such as:
- Offering subscriptions for brokers who list their real estate website
- Charge for a “featured listing” service for anyone advertising specific property
- Running ads on your website (see our blog entry on how to monetize your blog)
- Getting affiliates (see our blog entry on getting affiliates for your blog)
So you want to do it, but the question is – how? Even if you have no experience making websites, this is still absolutely possible! Here are a few ways:
- Brilliant Directories: This is the best option if you have no experience making websites and you want to make a real estate directory website in the easiest way possible. You can use their Real Estate Theme, so your website will look incredibly professional without you having to do any fancy customization, and it offers tons of great features, the easy instant setup & administration, options for accepting one-time payments or recurring payments, the option to display Google Banner Ads, etc. Brilliant Directories also offers great support to help you.
- WordPress: WordPress is another great option for you to build a directory website, especially if you have used WordPress before. Even if you haven’t, it’s not hard to learn and there’s no coding needed – here is our nontechnical guide to getting started with WordPress. Just make sure you have a web host that can handle the traffic and complexity of a directory website, such as Kinsta, Flywheel or WP Engine. And your website will look incredibly professional – here are some great real estate themes you can use so you can get started quickly with a professional real estate look: