If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
ExpressionEngine markets themselves as the most flexible and powerful CMS around, and their many happy customers would probably agree with this statement. You can make a wonderful website using ExpressionEngine, but if you’re thinking about using ExpressionEngine for a new website or you already have a growing ExpressionEngine website, you may be in the market for a new web host. Well, we here at Website Tips & Tutorials will give you our list of the best hosting options for ExpressionEngine websites:
1. Nexcess Hosting: As an official ExpressionEngine partner, you can rest assured that Nexcess provides a great hosting environment for any website built with ExpressionEngine. They offer an optimized ExpressionEngine cloud environment that can easily adjust to high traffic, which is great if you get a lot of traffic or you will in the future. You can also expect great performance given Nexcess’ advanced implementation of NGINX caching tools. Nexcess offers 24/7 US-based support and an ExpressionEngine forum, making your life a lot easier if there was ever a potential issue with your website. And you can get your ExpressionEngine website set up very quickly with Nexcess.
2. FastComet: FastComet is an ideal choice for a ExpressionEngine web hosting solution for both new ExpressionEngine websites and exisiting ExpressionEngine websites. FastComet offers a free ExpressionEngine transfer from any host or service making it ideal for existing ExpressionEngine websites and their 24/7 ExpresisonEngine support team makes it ideal for existing and new Expression websites alike! FastComet hosting also offers a lot of other great features, like SSD-only cloud hosting to give up to 300% better performance, free daily & weekly backups and free Cloudflare CDN.
3. SiteGround: SiteGround is a great hosting option for ExpressionEngine websites because they will make your job a lot easier, since their tech team will install ExpressionEngine onto your account according to all ExpressionEngine requirements. You’ll also be able to use the latest stable PHP version that’s compatible with ExpressionEngine and you’ll be able to have the latest MySQL version so you can handle requests faster. SiteGround’s low price options also make SiteGround an ideal hosting choice for anyone with an ExpressionEngine website.
4. A2 Hosting: A2’s fast hosting makes A2 an ideal host for a website with any CMS, including ExpressionEngine. And their incredibly low prices also make A2 an attractive web hosting option. You can find out how to install ExpressionEngine on A2 here.
5. Cloudways: Cloudways is a great host in its own right, and they make it easier on customers with ExpressionEngine websites by providing this tutorial on how to install ExpressionEngine on Cloudways.
6. Interserver: Interserver is an attractive web hosting option because it provides free storage, transfers, e-mail & websites starting at just $5/month – and they, too, provide a tutorial on how to install ExpressionEngine.
7. Rose Hosting: Rose Hosting offers wonderful Linux VPS hosting ultra-fast SSD storage, unlimited websites, free website migration, free fully managed support, Firewall Security & Hardening – and Rose Hosting offers helpful tutorials on how to install ExpressionEngine, too.