If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
If you care about the environment, then you want all your decisions to be made with the environment in mind, including web hosts. These web host providers were ranked by Tech Radar as the most eco-friendly web hosting solutions for 2019, so if you are thinking of starting a new website or switching web hosts, you might want to consider going with one of these five:
- GreenGeeks: The name alone shows that this company has the environment on the mind. GreenGeeks actually promise that with “every amperage we pull from the grid, we invest three times that in the form of renewable energy via Bonneville Environmental Foundation” so by choosing GreenGreeks, you’re actually helping the environment, which is pretty cool.
- iPage: Similar to GreenGreeks, iPage promises that for every kilowatt hour of energy they use, they’ll purchase Renewable Energy Certificates that offset that energy with wind energy by 200%, so here’ s another web hosting choice you can feel good about.
- HostPapa: HostPapa has been a pioneer in green energy web hosting back when it launched in 2006, and they, too, offset their power consumption with eco-friendly, green energy sources.
- A2 Hosting: A2 Hosting’s Carbonfund.org energy offset scheme has allowed them to be carbon-neutral since 2007.
- Dream Host: The data centers at DreamHost are powered by grids that get their electricity from renewable sources and is a partner in clean wind programs.
For more information, you can see Tech Radar’s rankings here.
Pin this for later – save it to Pinterest!