If you click on the links in this post, we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post, at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclaimer here.
When you look for hosting for your website when you are just starting out, there are a number of great deals for low cost web hosting that are perfectly fine for websites with low to medium traffic. But what happens when your website/business grows and you have high traffic? I know, what a horrible problem to have, right? But it genuinely is a problem if your web host can’t handle a website with a high amount of traffic and your website becomes slow or you experience downtime.
Here are some suggestions for web hosts to switch to:
- Kinsta: I had a similar problem with a website I was running and I became frustrated with both the speed and the website crashing. I switched my website to Kinsta and the problems went away. Kinsta’s prices can be high but to me they are worth it. However, please be aware that Kinsta only does WordPress websites so you are out of luck if the CMS you use is Joomla, Drupal, etc. They offer free migrations, too (so it won’t cost to move your website over to Kinsta).
- Flywheel: This is another WordPress host, but it’s great because they’ll scale your hosting option to best fit what you need. You can chat with a site expert and Flywheel will scale your website to accommodate millions of visitors instantly. Flywheel will move your website(s) over for free, too.
- WP Engine: WP Engine is another host for WordPress websites, and they have a Custom Plan that can handle millions of visitors. Just click here and call WP Engine to talk about what exactly you mean – and you’ll be happy to know that WPEngine offers free migrations!
- Cloudways: This is a great option if you don’t use WordPress or you have multiple websites and not all of them are WordPress because Cloudways can accommodate non WordPress websites (unlike Kinsta & Flywheel). They give you a lot of flexibility when setting up your plan which is great when your website is getting lots of visitors and you need to make sure your web host will accommodate you. The flexibility also allows you to pay for things you need and not for things you don’t. An added bonus of Cloudways is that they, too, offer free website migrations.
- InMotion: If all of the above options were a lot more than you wanted to pay, then you may want to consider InMotion. Now, you will be giving up something by not going with the above web hosts; I have been an InMotion customer since 2009 and I can tell you that they really do not offer anything at all in the ways of helping you out. Their customer service is almost nonexistent; if you have a problem, it could be days before they get back to you. And if you already are running a Managed WordPress, you’re going to really hate what you have to give up. But what they lack in customer service & help, they do make up for with competitive pricing, and I have not had many times where my website went down, even during traffic spikes. So if you need a web host that gives you better performance for your popular website but you’re still concerned about pricing, then consider a VPS Hosting Plan from InMotion (and migration here is free, too, which keeps costs down). Also one extra plus about InMotion is you can host non-WordPress websites here, too.